Peace has inspired lots of people in India. They have transmitted this notion of peace to their generation and their words have become very famous all over the world. These quotes have then become a reference about peace. It is the case of Prem Rawat who has been inspired by many of his old Indian fellow compatriots.
Here are 10 famous quotes about peace in India
1. "Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace ". (Dalai Lama)
It is impossible to omit this Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama when we talk about the people in India. For him, inner peace is our feeling, as one often tends to be influenced from the outside to be at peace.
2. "Only by finding peace in oneself can one live in peace with others". (An old proverb)
This proverb is the foundation of Prem Rawat's ideologies. He shared the same thoughts about peace in the world.
3. "To establish peace outside oneself and to act on the world requires, first of all, to act on oneself and to establish peace in oneself ". (Dalai Lama)
The Dalai Lama always conveys the same idea that peace begins with oneself. Only a person at peace with herself can work for peace in the world.
4. "Engagement, silence, solitude, meditation, simplicity, these are the tools of an inner transformation". (Masters. Sharma)
This quote shows us the way to gain that inner peace that everyone is looking for.
5. "The miracle is not to walk on the water, it is to walk on the Green Earth in the present moment and to appreciate the beauty and peace that are available now". (Thich Nhat Hanh)
According to this sage Amerindian, there is no miracle, but we just need to appreciate the moment and feel the miracle that can be seen on earth.
6. "Peace never comes by surprise. It does not fall from above like rain. It comes to those who prepare it". (Native American Shawnee)
This great Amerindian chief wants to explain that you cannot see peace arise overnight; you need a lot of preparation.
7. "Inner peace is built up as each harmonious gesture is mad."
It is achieved through each word of encouragement we utter, each positive thought that we maintain and, above all, each act of God: generosity that one achieves ". (Amerindian proverb) This proverb stated that one cannot hope to have peace overnight. No magic wand can make it happen in the blinking of an eye. You need to be patient to see it happen.
8. "One who gives himself the means to act and cultivate his inner peace is always rewarded by his work". (A Native American proverb)
That is to say, whatever your effort to make peace, he will always be rewarded.
9. "Nothing can bring you peace except the triumph of higher principles". (An old proverb)
This proverb talks about the success of peace, but it cannot triumph unless we give the absolute to the higher principles.
10. "The purpose of our life must be positive. We are not born with the purpose of causing trouble, harming others".
Making the effort to be positive is a great way to achieving inner peace. The more positive moment you experience, the easier it will be for you to live peacefully.